Print: Baxter - CL 294 – One of the most well-known buildings in London. This is it’s third incarnation after twice before being destroyed by fire. This building was opened on October 28th, 1844, by Queen Victoria, Prince Albert having laid the foundation stone in 1842. For many years it housed the Lloyds Insurance market but, like many buildings today is now café’s and restaurants. Traditionally Royal proclamations where read out to the public from the steps of the building. To the side we have a view of the Bank of England. Produced from ten blocks. Originally sold at 6d.

 

Date: 1851

 

Size (cm ht x w): 6.9 x 9.8

 

State: On old white card

 

Condition: Beautiful colours, light scattered foxing, priced accordingly

The Royal Exchange

SKU: 1323
£15.00Price