1441 The Royal Exchange – Red Seal Mount
Print: Baxter - CL 294. The current building was opened on October 28th, 1844, by Queen Victoria, Prince Albert having laid the foundation stone in 1842. At the time of the erection of the Royal Exchange it was stated to have by far the largest portico in London, and to be only second to that of the Pantheon at Rome, and the Madeleine at Paris.
Besides the Exchange there is shown the Wellington statue. We also have a side view of the Bank of England. It was originally used as a centre for commerce. Until recently it had been the home of Lloyd’s insurance market for 150 years but today is home to Cafes and restaurants.
Size (cm ht x w): 7.3 x 9.7 (image) 12.2 x 16.9 (mount)
State: On Red Seal mount under which is printed ‘licences granted to print the process’ and the prices for various countries
Condition: Very minor creases to two corners else excellent
Orders are individually packed to optimise best possible postage options for whichever country you reside in - We do not charge for packing, postage is at cost - we will email soonest after order to confirm postage and payment details - please feel free to email to get a postage quote